Receiving money from international clients to Nigeria is getting better compared to how it used to be. The rate of unemployment soaring high in Nigeria has given the youth sleepless night. The president that is meant to ameliorate the situation has tagged them as “Lazy Nigeria youth.”
To break away from the jobless market, the youths have taken it upon themselves to leverage on the internet to make money. It has led to the birth of Bloggers, Internet marketers, Mini-importers, and freelancers who work for clients internationally whom in the course of their career might need an international means of receiving money.
In case you need a means to receive money from international clients. These are few methods to go by it:
1) Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency is a decentralized currency that is used as a method of payment; it can also be referred as a digital currency. It is the least stressful of all method of payments.
A lot of sites are now accepting it as a medium of payments. Different cryptos can be used to make and receive payments, the most popular crypto used are Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
The only thing needed is a smartphone, wallet ID, and internet connection. It is usually sweet also to make secret deals as the wallet ID cannot be traced. Cryptocurrency can be bought on several exchanges like; IJAM exchange, Luno, Paxful, Binance, and coinbase.
A cryptocurrency (or cryptocurrency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses cryptography to secure its transactions, to control the creation of additional units, and to verify the transfer of assets. The decentralized control of each cryptocurrency works through a blockchain, which is a public transaction database, functioning as a distributed ledger.
2) Payoneer: Payoneer is a very good way to receive money to Nigeria; the company provides financial service that allows online money transfer and digital payment services. Payoneer was established in 2005 and allows account holders to send and receive funds into your bank accounts.
To be able to register for it as a Nigerian there need have a valid government ID that matches your name and the name used to register on Payoneer; you must also be able to remember your security details when withdrawing. Account holders can send and receive funds into their bank account, Payoneer e-wallet, or onto a re-loadable prepaid MasterCard debit card that can be used online or at points-of-sale. The company specializes in facilitating cross-border B2B payments. It provides cross-border transactions in more than 150 local currencies, utilizing its banking network around the world to make local bank transfers.
In the content creation space, Payoneer works with a variety of companies and freelance marketplaces. The Company is headquartered in New York City
3) PayPal: One of the popular methods used to receive money internationally in Nigeria. It is easy for Nigerians to use it to transfer money to any country in the world. The charges removed per transactions are cheap. The platform makes it easy for freelancers to withdraw money as there is no freelance platform that doesn’t accept it as a method of payment.
It enables Nigeria businessman to buy stuff on the various online platforms like Amazon, eBay and Apple stores.
PayPal is security savvy as it secures credit card details with shopping online.
4) Skrill- One of the least popular methods of receiving payments in Nigeria, skrill can be used by sending a request from MasterCard. Skrill can be used to perform transactions online by making of its MasterCard. Skrill can also be used to make withdrawals from some freelancing platforms.
Skrill account is easy to create and user-friendly even for the fewer techie peeps. A certain amount of money is usually collected per transactions.
5) Moneygram- There are several locations of MoneyGram all over the world, sending money to a nearby location is often the easiest. For this to be achieved, there is a need for you to prepare for your agent visit. You may be asked to provide a valid means of identification (Government ID).
The Identification card must match your full name and location. The money you want to transfer and the necessary fees are very vital. If you are sending to a bank account, you are required of your recipient’s bank name and bank account number.
Complete your transactions by filling the required forms and submitting the funds you wish to transfer to the agent. Save the information and share the 8-digit reference number with your recipient.